Mourners collect across the our bodies of eight Pink Crescent emergency responders, recovered in Rafah per week after an Israeli assault, as they’re transported for burial from a hospital in Deir al-Balah, Gaza Strip, March 31.
Abdel Kareem Hana/AP
disguise caption
toggle caption
Abdel Kareem Hana/AP
TEL AVIV, Israel — Palestinian medical officers say they obtained video footage that refutes Israel’s claims concerning the killing of 15 rescue and support staff within the southern Gaza Strip final month.
Israel’s navy initially stated “a number of autos had been recognized advancing suspiciously towards [Israeli] troops with out headlights, or emergency alerts” on March 23, and the troopers opened hearth.
However the Palestine Pink Crescent Society released a video Saturday it stated was present in a cellphone with one of many killed paramedics. It reveals clearly marked rescue autos with headlights on and crimson emergency lights flashing. The video was filmed inside one of many autos within the convoy.
Within the video, there’s heavy gunfire over the course of a number of minutes, and a person’s voice says in Arabic, “Mother, forgive me. That is the trail I selected, to assist folks.”
🚨 Video That Exposes the Israeli Occupation’s Lies
The Palestine Pink Crescent Society has obtained a video from the household of a martyred EMT, discovered on his cell phone after his physique was recovered from a mass grave in Gaza. He was amongst 15 ambulance and reduction workforce members… pic.twitter.com/8iWqULxijC
— PRCS (@PalestineRCS) April 5, 2025
On Thursday, the Israel navy stated a high-level navy investigation was going down to find out whether or not to open a legal investigation into misconduct over the March 23 incident.
“All claims, together with the documentation circulating concerning the incident, will likely be totally and deeply examined to grasp the sequence of occasions and the dealing with of the state of affairs,” the navy stated Saturday.
After the incident, the crew was lacking for greater than per week. Rescue groups lastly found the our bodies of 14 Palestinian emergency responders and a United Nations staffer beneath a mound of sand on March 31.
“One after the other they had been hit, they had been struck. Their our bodies had been gathered and buried on this mass grave,” Jonathan Whittall, an official with the U.N. Workplace for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, said in a video on the web site the place the our bodies had been discovered. “They had been right here to avoid wasting lives. As a substitute, they ended up in a mass grave. … It is an absolute horror what occurred right here.”
The U.N. says 408 aid workers have been killed in additional than 17 months of conflict in Gaza.
Israel is increasing its navy offensive in Gaza after breaking a ceasefire within the conflict that adopted the Oct. 7, 2023, Hamas-led assault on Israel. Israel says it is combating to stress the Palestinian militant group to launch hostages and defeat Hamas.